Chlorine Gas Leak at YMCA Hospitalizes 20

Fire officials in Reading, Pennsylvania, said 81 people were evacuated from a YMCA on Friday due to a chlorine gas leak, with 20 taken to the hospital, CBS’ Philly 3 reported.

Among the 81 evacuated to nearby buildings were over 50 children and about 15 staff members, according to Berks Weekly.

In total, 21 people were injured, all of whom are expected to recover. The leak is thought to have stemmed from two YMCA staff members mixing the wrong chemicals in the first-floor pool area.

Read more at Newsmax© 2022 Newsmax. All rights reserved.

There is no custom code to display.

Blogs

670 KBOI GUEST BLOG: Governor Brad Little

670 KBOI GUEST BLOG: Governor Brad Little

Biden’s vaccine mandate is not the solution By Governor Brad Little Americans are deeply divided on COVID-19 and the response to it. Public health has turned political, there’s no doubt about it. But the situation playing out in hospitals across the country isn’t up for debate. There are more patients in need of critical care…

670 KBOI GUEST BLOG: Governor Brad Little

670 KBOI GUEST BLOG: Governor Brad Little

670 KBOI GUEST BLOG: Governor Brad Little Idaho to help secure U.S.-Mexico border because Biden won’t July 7, 2021 Last week I announced my plan to send Idaho State Police (ISP) troopers to Arizona to help secure the United States-Mexico border and curb the flow of illegal drugs into Idaho due to failed Biden-Harris immigration…

670 KBOI GUEST BLOG: Speaker of the House Scott Bedke

670 KBOI GUEST BLOG: Speaker of the House Scott Bedke

670 KBOI GUEST BLOG: Speaker of the House Scott Bedke   Happy Birthday, Idaho – Let’s Celebrate and Maintain the Idaho Way BY: Speaker of the House Scott Bedke, Oakley There is no better place to live, work, and raise a family than Idaho. As a proud Idaho native who believes, promotes and lives our…